A couple of years ago, Twitter lost the authority to live-stream Amazon’s NFL games, but still, both the organization were connected with each other in a different manner. And now, Twitter is expanding live video programming and on-demand video in the field of sports, gaming, entertainment, news and many more as per the sources.
On 29th of April New York, the company gave a presentation on “Digital Content New Fronts” and announced about their relationship and renewals of an existing partnership.
Millions of users use Twitter to get updates about their favorite players, sports, celebrities by following them. They also participate in the conversation about the different sports including the NFL to know about the recent news of their favorite player. Blake Stuchin vice president of digital media business development at NFL said, “we expect these new live shows to be among the most popular programs on Twitter while serving to drive awareness and tune-in of our biggest tentpole events of the year.”
Twitter has teamed up with several mediums that broadcast the live video programming which includes, NFL, Univision, ESPN, Viacom, and Time.
- NFL: – Since 2013, Twitter and NFL have worked together, and will continue to have the videos of breaking news, highlights, and analysis. It includes six new NFL shows including the Scouting Combine, NFL Kickoff, the Super Bowl, the NFL Draft, the Conference Championships, and the Thanksgiving games. There will be new live pregame Q&As, custom NFL Twitter votes, and the best touchdowns and best touchdown celebrations highlight reels and many more.
- Univision: – Twitter has collaboration with Univision where it focuses on providing content in the Spanish language to its U.S. audience. Univision will cover the 2020 US presidential elections and UEFA Champions League games. Twitter has also teamed up with Live Nation to broadcast the new festival series and concerts on the platform.
- ESPN: – Twitter is also offering ESPN’s onsite – there will be live shows from location, which will provide more content to the audience than they expect from ESPN on Twitter. Over the next year, “Onsite” will include the accessible ESPN franchises on Twitter including The College Football Show, MLS Countdown Live, Hoop Streams, and Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show.
- Viacom: – This year, MTV is introducing the “VMA Stan Cam” for its Video Music Awards show, giving the power to the fans to create a live stream in their way, on Twitter. A series of short live events will allow fans to decide which member of the audience they would like to watch on live stream or follow backstage and behind-the-scenes. Viacom is also bringing back with red carpet coverage of BET, CMT and MTV events. Viacom will return with the coverage of red carpet of its biggest events such as BET, CMT and MTV events.
- Time: – According to the Twitter’s statement – “For the first time, for the magazine’s Person of the Year and the Time 100, there will be “content exclusive to Twitter to bring exclusive insight into the discussion around Person of the Year and TIME 100, including live streams, Moments and more”.
Now, Twitter is mainly focused on the Livestream video programming to keep users active on their website and the platform. It is one of the best ways for the brands to drive a valuable audience towards their content or business.