TikTok is one of the great options to become popular quickly as it allows users to share their creativity globally. It is the sixth most popular mobile app with over 500 million active monthly users. The app offers multiple features including different sound effects, filters, and stickers. Also, it provides an option for users to speed up or slow down the video as per their desire. Users can also add their favorite music or song and shoot video along with lipsyncing. There is also an exciting feature which allows users to duet with another participant on a split screen. Some users have more than millions of followers on their account.
TikTok is not only for fun or entertainment, but users can also earn lots of dollar in a year by creating videos and share them among the millions of users. But users have to follow the community standards offered by TikTok advertise their videos to get revenue. It has a fabulous security feature that alert users’ when they active continuously on the app more than two hours. But, joining the TikTok’s community and creating your account is a simple process, but deleting an account could be a little complicated. Moving forward with the app, most of the users don’t prefer to continue with due to lack of privacy settings. If you are one of the users who would like to deactivate the app but don’t have an idea about it, you are at the right place as we are going to take you through the steps by step procedure to deactivate TikTok permanently.
Steps to Delete TikTok:
1. To delete your TikTok account, you must first add your phone number because for the deleting procedure, you will receive an OTP to confirm. Once you enter the phone number, open the app and click on the “Profile Icon” at the bottom of the right corner. Now, click on the “Settings” and then select the “Privacy and settings feature” from the menu that pops up on the screen. Tap on “Manage my Account” option and then search for the “Phone Number feature” and click on it to add your phone number. There you will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your phone, just enter the verification code into the appropriate box after which your phone will connect to your TikTok account.
2. Afterword, you need to again click on the “profile information” icon located at the bottom right corner of the page.
3. Click on “…” three dots.
4. Click on “Manage my Account” located at the top of the list.
5. Look for the “Thinking about removing your account” feature and then click on it. There you will receive a verification code on your registered mobile number.
6. At last, embed the verification code and click on “Continue button” to complete the procedure of deleting the TikTok account.
Before deleting your TikTok account, ensure to download your all videos if you don’t want to lose them because after deleting the account, data that was stored on your app would also get removed. Moreover, there is no alternative to archive them, so make sure to save your data before deactivating your TikTok account. Also, you will not receive a refund for any in-app purchases you made while you were using the app.