Social media is the newest buzzword because more and more people join the platform. That is not all; it has also brought dynamic changes in the way people used to behave, act, think and shop. In brief; it has brought a paradigm shift both in business and psychological fronts.
If you closely look at the whole phenomenon, you would realize that social media drives human behavior and at this juncture, you need to craft an insightful marketing strategy to gain meaningful results.
So, here are some facts that might help you in maximizing your social media marketing efforts this year. Let’s have a look.
Who should choose the social media platform?
It is great for both B2B and B2C brands, and that does not mean that you should jump onto the bandwagon without a second thought. In fact, you must be specific in your approach, for instance, a company that sells designer apparel might consider advertising on Instagram while a company that produces OEMs for automotive might capitalize on LinkedIn.
In short; you need to understand each platform’s usability and target market in order to deploy a smart digital marketing strategy. Let’s have an in-depth look at the recent social media facts and stats to understand it better.
Social media facts:
- There are more than 5 billion social media users across the platform. That means each brand can find its target audience according to demographic and psychographic
- Facebook accounts for more than 2 billion active monthly users and that makes it one of the most popular social media platforms in the world.
- More than 70% of consumers are likely to recommend the band after a great social media experience that means it is time to improve your brand communication and perception through smart strategy and tactical execution
- Do not just fall into trap of the idea that people who talk about your brands will buy your products and service because reportedly 90% of consumers who talk about the brand on the social media are not the buyers. That means you need to think of cross-platform advertisement.
- A report by Hubspot suggests that visual content are more likely to grab attention than text and other formats of contents. Hence, you need to make sure that you craft creative and relevant content to engage your customers.
- More than 70 million SMBs use facebook for their brand promotion. That is not all; more than 5 million business houses use paid advertising on Facebook to get more revenue
- Videos are becoming an integral part of the marketing strategy on Facebook. Since people are looking for clear and concise brand communication, you need to create beautiful video content to capitalize on Facebook.
- Facebook seems to be dear to people because the study suggests that ads on Facebook generate 20% more emotional response than any other platform. That means if you are a brand that believes in brand communication on an emotional level, then you should consider facebook marketing
The above-mentioned facts were all about Facebook. Let’s have a look at some of the facts of the micro-blogging site Twitter.
- Twitter is a highly responsive platform because more than 70 % of brand mentions get responses. That means if you want to communicate with your consumer base on a personal level, then you must use it as a customer service tool
- Twitter enjoys more than 3 million active monthly users. Interestingly, these are the people who earn a handsome amount for money apparently, using the platform adequately, you can get revenue.
- If you someone who is a social media geek, then you must use hashtags mindfully because the study suggests that social twitter post without hashtags are more effective on this site.
- Luxury brands on this site witness a higher engagement rate that is far more than Facebook and Twitter. That means if you want to improve your engagement rate, then you should consider Instagram. Note; you must understand #hashtag policies and other new features like “You are caught in the feed” so that you can improve your reach and brand visibility.
- You need to be specific on this platform because apart from media and fashion brands, no other brands seem to get meaningful results. More than 50 % of marketers claim that videos are effective on this platform. Hence, craft your marketing strategy accordingly.
- This is the best platform to target millennials. In addition, most of the teenagers in the tier 1 countries like UK and USA consider this as an important platform.
- If you are trying to figure out the ways of content marketing on this platform, then you should consider uploading products as your content or posts because reportedly posts with products have experienced more engagement rate.
- Post tagging and geo-tagging are the features that you must consider if you want to garner a better result.
- Soundcloud has more than 170 million global users out of which 70 million are monthly active users.
- It has more than 10 million music creators and this makes it one of the biggest places where you can hunt for a variety of music genres
- Every minute it witnesses more than 12 hours of music upload.
- Celebrities use this platform to increase their reach and budding musicians use this platform to create their fan base.
- 25 % of mobile users in the USA use this platform and it is available in more than 180 countries. Apparently, this is one of the most used musical social media sits in the world now. You should deploy a smart marketing strategy according to your customer and users demographics.
The list is by no mean an exhaustive one because there are other social media sites like musical.ly, LinkedIn, Pinterest is also in the market. But this article does not have scope to include all the facts; however, the facts that are provided here will certainly help you in strategizing your campaign rightly.
These facts are retrieved from reliable sources. However, if you want to get more in-depth knowledge, then you must consider buying market study reports from market research companies. Undoubtedly, that is required only when you plan for a big-budget marketing campaign. If you are planning to start a compact and relatively smaller campaign, then the above-mentioned facts will help you in giving clarity and perceptibility.
It is time to capitalize on the opportunities that the platform offers and the facts here can help you craft an insightful marketing plan that could bring meaningful results. So, ensure that you analyze the facts and make rational marketing decisions so that you can gain a competitive advantage.